Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walnut-Chocolate Cake

Grandma recipe of my dad's favorite cake (I couldn't taste it since it has walnuts and I'm allergic, damn!)


Ingredients


500 gr Walnuts

100 gr Butter

200 gr Sugar

250 gr Flour

3 large fresh Eggs

Baking Powder

powdered Sugar

100 gr Dark Chocolate


Directions


1. Mix together butter and sugar to obtain a smooth cream (or something similar)



2. Grease the baking tin with butter and cover it with walnuts (choose the better looking ones!)



3. Process the remaining walnuts and after the chocolate (if you use chocolate chips this won't be necessary)



4. Add one egg at time, chocolate, flour, baking powder and walnuts



5. Mix well (if the batter will be too dry, add some milk)



6. Pour the batter into the tin, trying not to move the walnut base



7. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Make a nice decoration with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!



Legend says that days after is even more good!

8 comments:

  1. Great recipe! That cakes looks incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks unbelievably good!! Your pictures look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that last shot is making my mouth water! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to make it less "heavy" or more healthy (i.e. white flour= whole wheat flour) the next time, I'll keep you posted about the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Too bad I couldn't taste it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, I've never been a huge walnut lover, but I'm wondering how a pecan/cranberry version of this would taste? I bet it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe you can make it without the walnuts..or use another nut....wonder if it would taste different? hmmm...nice pics btw!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll with pecan the next time.

    ReplyDelete