Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tuesdays are boring

Am I the only one or do you also think that Tuesdays are worse than Mondays?

The fresh start feeling of Monday is gone and the weekend is so far away. Definitely the worst day of the week, in my opinion.

So, to just confirm what above said, today was totally meh


The eating


  • Breakfast
  • Lunch started following a recipe until I realize mid-way through that I didn't have almost half of the ingredients (this is what happens when you choose only looking at pictures and not reading the ingredients!). I ended up having a very nice meal, my cooking skills are finally improving!


Quinoa and Spinach Casserole

made with cooked quinoa,

frozen spinach,

sautes with oil, garlic, chili pepper and pepper

a spoonful of cottage cheese

1 egg white

and more oil for grease the ramekin

Brussels sprouts as side dish

and an Apple


  • I had a super-early mid-afternoon snack before heading to the gym of coffee with almond milk and some too much mixed cereals
  • Dinner


Dipping your hand in a sack of grains


Minestrone del Contadino

with Spinach, extra-virgin olive oil,

whole wheat Bread

and a Pear

***


The working-out


I ran 3 miles as planned, but it was much tougher than I thought, I totally blame my new shoes since after my huge snack I had all the necessary energy! Maybe I just need to get used to them.
***

Now I'm off to watch Gossip Girl.

Have a nice evening. Or day? Or whatever!

8 comments:

  1. Love your quinoa spinach casserole. And btw Gossip Girl was gooddddd ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Kissmybroccoli! I llvoe it! You have beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quinoa dish is definitely a must try! I love quinoa and a new way to cook it is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I've just subscribed to your blog, you are so pretty! Love the goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That minestrone looks so warm and comforting! (Oh, and I definitely agree that Tuesdays are worse than Mondays!)

    ReplyDelete