Tuesday, February 22, 2011

(Vegan!) Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

Succeeding in vegan baking is so satisfactory. Because is challenging, because I've never use a egg replacer before, because my whole house smelled delicious for the entire afternoon (ok, that also with non-vegan baking!).

The original recipe comes from here, I made some substitutions and halved the recipe for lack of confidence in the result, I basically didn't want to have to eat a whole batch of meeeh cookies (in any case I always have my brother who could eat anything)

Vegan Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies



Ingredients

1 Cup vegan margarine, softened

1 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed

2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Egg replacer for 2 eggs

1 1/4 Cups whole-wheat Flour

2 tsp Cinnamon

1 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Salt

3 Cups Oats (rolled)

1 1/2 Cups Raisins

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg replacer eggs and beat until well blended.

2. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.


3. Gradually add to margarine mixture until well blended. Stir in oats, raisins.



4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a nonstick cookie sheet) drop the dough by 1/4 cupfuls and pat down slightly. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let stand for 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

(Makes 2 dozen giant cookies)





It's a really simple and fast recipe IF you live in the civilized world and you can find flax seeds already grounded for make the egg replacer. Since I don't, I had to do this before:



Not funny. At all!
***

Now I'm off to watch Gossip Girl eating a giant cookie, great way to reward my hard wok =)

5 comments:

  1. Wow now that's a cookie! And Gossip Girl was so good last nightt!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. that batter looks rediculously bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was, I think I ate a cookie-equivalent of the batter =)

    ReplyDelete