Friday, February 18, 2011

Creamy Avocado and sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta


Ingredients (for 4 persons)


320 gr whole wheat Spaghetti

1 Avocado

2 tiny slices of whole wheat Bread

1 Garlic clove

Extra-virgin Olive Oil

8 sun-dried Tomatoes

1 tablespoon of Pesto

1 teaspoon of dried marjoram

20 gr pine nuts

Salt to taste




Directions


1. Mince the garlic, sauté it with 3 tbsp of oil and the marjoram, add the diced bread and mix it well. Put it in a tin in the oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool and process it.

2. Slice the sun-dried tomatoes, set aside. Mince the pine nuts. Peel the avocado and process it with Pesto and a pinch of salt. Add the pine nuts.

3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta and drain it, preserving a glass of the water. Season the Pasta with the avocado cream (made smoother with the water if necessary). Garnish with the bread and the tomatoes.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've never had avocado with spaghetti but this is making me want to make it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo good...I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I've never cooked with marjoram. What kind of flavor does it have? That has got to be the best looking avocado I've seen in a while! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pasta is a dream come true. It combines my two faves...avocado and sun-dried tomatoes!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I love avocado pasta! I've never tried it with sun dried tomatoes though!

    ReplyDelete