Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Travel back in time

I'm slowly returning back to normal, unpacking all my stuff (that I'll need to pack again in one month ah!) and so on. I'm also so happy for being able to use a real (and clean) kitchen!


Food Chapter


  • Breakfast
  • Lunch was home-made really garlicky hummus, leftover toasted Baguette aux céréales and carrots. I home-made the hummus since here there isn't in grocery stores (I know, cavemen). Actually, this evening I found one in a kind of bio-store; I'll give it a try, but I think I'll stick with my own, it takes like five minutes if you use pre-cooked chickpeas and you can adjust the flavor as you like (less garlic the next time!). I also ate an apple and drank an espresso with milk.




I'm pretending it's Summer, so what?


  • As undocumented snack I had a banana, a half of eat natural bar and a cup of green tea
  • Dinner was pumpkin tortelli (mmm) with a side salad of lamb's lettuce, cranberries, mixed seeds and balsamic vinaigrette. It actually was the fastest dinner ever. I also ate a pear and a plain goat yogurt.


***


Run Chapter


I did a 2 miles run plus some stretching as scheduled. Oh wait! I forgot to tell you that I'm doing this Hal's running plan that I found while reading this useful tips on one of the cutest and amazing blog that I've ever read! I started today with the plan so I think I'll repeat the first week x 2, even if I usually run more than 4 miles, but I want to do the things right! I'm also not sure if I'll sign up for an half marathon since by the end of the program I'll be in the middle of exams and thesis writing, so we'll see! Anyway it's a good way to challenge myself!
***


Resolutions Chapter


Besides the huge monthly resolution (that I haven't broken yet!), I decided to add some more weekly resolutions and try step-by-step to make them habits.

This week the chosen ones are:

1. Drink a cup of green tea per day

2. Daily yoga/stretching

3. Floss (it's gonna be hard!!)
***

Now I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser; yes, one day after since it's not televised here. I know, cavemen.

2 comments:

  1. [...] Hal’s plan provided rest for today, but I walked a lot (3 hours at least) since I needed to run some errands [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] new week, new resolutions, and since the flossing one was a complete FAIL, it’ll appear this weak as well (becoming [...]

    ReplyDelete