Friday, February 04, 2011

I heart Asian grocery stores

Today I loaded with friends and gossip and I repeated my study-abroad adventures for the gazillion time! I'm so glad to see again all the people that I missed when I was in Belgium and I even managed to eat in my fav place in Pavia (my University city, by the way). I'm looking forward to return there to live at the end of this month.

Dinner was the same as yesterday, but I diligently documented the whole process this time. Sorry for the yellowish light, I should buy daylight bulbs.

Soba, Tofu and Veggies Stir-Fry






Ingredients (for one):


3 oz. (90gr) Soba noodles

Coarse Salt

1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

3 oz. extra-firm Tofu

drained and cut in cubes

1/4 red Bell Pepper, ribs and seeds

removed, thinly sliced lengthwise

1/2 Zucchini, chopped

3 big leaves of Bok Choy,

trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise

1 garlic clove, minced

1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

a little more than 1/2 tbsp peanut butter

1/2 tbsp apple vinegar

1/2 tbsp soy sauce


Directions:


1. Cook soba noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, following the package directions. Drain, and then rinse with coldwater; set aside.



2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet overmedium-high heat; add tofu and season with salt. Cook,tossing occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.Transfer to a plate; set aside.



3. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in same skillet overmedium-high. Add bell peppers, zucchini, bok choy, garlic,and red pepper flakes; season with salt. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally until vegetablesare crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.





4. Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter and 2 tablespoons water, then whisk in vinegar and soy sauce. Add reserved noodles, tofu, and sauce to pan with veggies. Cook, tossing until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.



Enjoy!


Recipe adapted from Whole living

***

Tomorrow I think I'll return in my normal (?) regime of photograph every meal. I successfully completed two weeks resolutions (still no flossing, though! Bad bad!!).

The Hal's plan provided rest for today, but I walked a lot (3 hours at least) since I needed to run some errands and I came home by foot from the station while chatting with a friend.

Now I'm off to some blog reading- on Friday night, I know, lame- but everyone has to study and I'm strangely tired in this period even though I sleep a lot.


Do you like Soba noodles? How do you usually cook them?

1 comment: