Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Monday II

Second post of the day. Lucky you!

I collected my database book (exciting!) from the post office and now he is menacingly staring at me... brrr

It doesn't even have words!!!

***

As snack I had an eat natural bar, documented (and eaten) very quickly since I didn't want to look like a crazy while snapping a photo of it. I don't think I succeed.


It was good, but they practically forgot the dark chocolate part

in the cranberries, macadamias and dark chocolate flavor's expectation

Ok, I know I've just promised that I would not have gone grocery shopping anymore, BUT that was before I passed by an asian food shop that I had never seen AND I remembered that I needed some tomato sauce if a wanted to cook the premeditate dinner for tonight. So I just did it, but I limited myself at just one item:


Whole wheat soba noodles

I have NO idea how to use them,


Any suggestion??


Dinner was a long-term (=yesterday) craved item:


Whole wheat Pasta with Eggplant, Chickpeas and Black olives sauce

It was delicious and it took me like 20 minutes to make it.

While waiting for the water to boil, I sliced a small onion and browned it with some oil in a frying pan; then I added 1/2 medium-size diced eggplant, chickpeas and some water to make them cook. When the eggplant was tender, I added the tomato sauce, pepper and hot pepper to taste, black olives and some basil (not fresh because I forgot to buy it, ehm ehm). Then I threw the cooked pasta directly in the pan to mix all the flavor. Enjoy, I surely did! =)

"Dessert" was a boring pear, but I'm sure I'll eat some chocolate later since I'm studying database... Moral support needed!

Today, I didn't run but I walked for like three hours (not all at once!) and I'll probably do some stretching later since my back is hurting me. Mmm I forget things, my back is a pain, I don't go out because I'm tired, it definitely looks like I'm 81.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your photos and the food in them. Exactly the kind of stuff I like eating.

    We get those same noodles here in Australia. I boil them with a bit of Japanese or regular vegetable stock. Pop in some broccoli, slivered carrots, Chinese cabbage and/or shitake mushrooms in and sprinkle some thinly sliced spring onions on top before serving.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm sounds promising, I'll surely try it!

    Thank you! Sorry for the ingredients repetition but I'm moving and I need to finish all the leftover food, soon I'll be back to more variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some Sobe noodles, we didn't know what to do until we found this recipe and tried it.

    http://olara21.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/honey-jalapeno-chicken-and-buckwheat-noodles/

    It was REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete