Monday, January 31, 2011

Gilmore Girls

Despite the ordination mess, yesterday was a nice evening, especially after a whole day of packing. My mom and I went to Mykene, a restaurant that i loved the first time I went there, but where I've never came back during these six month basically because it'a a little pricy for a income-equal-zero (or almost) college student like me. So, having a paying-parent around it's a good excuse to go in nice places to eat great food (or I thought this!). Anyway, first things first!

I really appreciated the time I spent with my mom since I don't live at home anymore and when I came back for the weekend we couldn't have proper time to chit chat or to really talk with each other, because there were always something to do or someone to meet. I think that this whole moving-madness has actually helped me to get closer again with my mom like we used to be.

This is my mom, say hello!


***

Back to the restaurant that I loved so much the first time, well, we broke up. Definitely.

Why? I'll tell you soon...

The first course and the bread were amazing, like I remembered


a vegetable soup (really appreciated since here is sooo cold)


and 3 slices of whole wheat bread, mmm

The second course was planned to be jacket potatoes with grilled vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese plus a side salad, well, not exactly what I received...


Ok, I hate when the waitress mess with my ordination, but this time (I'm usually more bitchy on this point) I decided I could live with that (and eat it) since it looked like spinach and cheese jacket potatoes and sufficiently yummy.

Well, it turned out that there weren't only spinach and cheese on the jacket potatoes, but also a meat-hamburger in the mix! (Can you spot it?) I was really pissed off since I explicitly told the waitress I was vegetarian even if the dish was already marked as vegetarian. By the time they changed my dish (actually I'm not even sure if they redid the whole thing or just switched the hamburgers), I knew for sure I won't come back again!


What do you usually do when the waiter mess with your ordination?


Do you change it or you eat it anyway?


***

Yesterday's lunch was this


Whole wheat Spaghetti with tomato sauce, black olives, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes

Now I'm off to the real-deal at Lukemieke, a vegetarian restaurant that I hope won't reserve me unwelcome surprises!

2 comments:

  1. [...] definitely recommend this place if you want a real vegetarian [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed to hear you had to experience that restaurant screw up. I despise it when I have to be a wank and complain. Sometimes people I'm at dinner with are more upset than I am when a restaurant screws up because they heard me specifically request "no prosciutto" on the pasta. Then I'm afraid they take it back, pick off the meat and spit in it or something vile. I'm not a picky/pretentious eater but I can totally commiserate with having to send things back.

    ReplyDelete