Monday, January 17, 2011

Dealing with post-exam mood

Since I ate only boring food today, (in order: breakfast, 1/2 banana, tomato soup, multi-grain bagel at Nosh, a pear, caffèlatte with soy milk, whole wheat bread, carrots, Brussels sprouts, hummus, an orange, and maybe some chocolate later) I won't post any photos.

Instead I did a reflection (not serious, I mean) on my post-exam mood which is incredibly similar to the five stage of grief:

1. Denial: I feel fine, the exam went well, I didn't make horrible mistakes in english and dates


2. Anger: Oh wait a sec, I completely misplaced an event in my answer/ I created some serious language-monsters/ I translated italian words in english only by removing the last vowel


3. Bargaining: Maybe the professor won't notice the mistakes/ He must take into account that English is not my mother-language/ I'd do anything to better explain some points


4. Depression: I'm fucked


5. Acceptance: What is done is done/ it's gonna be okay/ Let's move on to the other exams


Now I'm between the stage 3rd and 4th (actually more towards the 4th). I'm looking forward to the 5th, less to my next exam (on Saturday).


Random things of the day:




  • A Polish guy went to the exam wearing a suit (!!!). All the other people wore jeans (including me).

  • I went to the gym, but I hadn't been properly fueled, so I made lazy random exercises.

  • No one of my friends wanted to go out tonight because of the exams session.

  • I drank an espresso with salt on the edge of the cup (bleah!).

  • I found 1 cent. After all, not a totally bad day!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I loved this post. I understand that feeling all too well... however I usually skip step three and jump straight to step four lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently stuck at stage four. =)

    ReplyDelete