Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Antwerp guide by an italian girl- Part I

Antwerp is damn cool!

Yeah, I've finally found a Belgian city that I really love. Mission accomplished!

So, this "guide" won't be exhaustive nor particularly cultural since yesterday was the first time that I visited the city and I wanted to go there primarily for shopping-releted reasons. Indeed Antwerp is known for being a fashion city (it hosts the Royal Academy of Fine Arts) and for the Antwerp Six, a group of influential avant garde fashion designers.

I just wanted to share with you some nice things to see in Antwerp and cool shops that I found when I was there, more like a guide for an afternoon of shopping rather than a cultural and historical visit of the city. I also wanted to share some nice pictures of funny things!
***

The first thing to mention when you arrive in Antwerp by train is the Central Station. I was stunned! It's gorgeous and it's only a little taste of the beauty of the city.



And it also as this beloved place in it (the only one in the whole Belgium- or almost-, unbelievable!)


Afternoon snack: a tall Cappuccino with skim milk

***


Things to see



St. James' Church

Rubenshuis

Cathedral of Our Lady

Grote Markt

Boerentoren

(the oldest skyscraper in Europe, ohhh)

Statue of Brabo and the giant's hand



Momu: Fashion Museum






***

Coming soon.. the second (and funniest) part with all the nice vintage shops, my purchases and cute places to eat (and more random photos).

1 comment:

  1. "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete