Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Antwerp guide by an italian girl- Part II

So, here we are for show you the first reason why I decided to spend a day in Antwerp, and I'm not afraid to say so: Shopping!



Antwerp is full of nice shops and especially of my beloved vintage ones, but let the addresses do the talk:

Kloosterstraat 177


Aalmoezenierstraat 4


Nationalestraat 87

Sussies

Oude Koornmarkt, corner Zwaluwstraat 69

Bonaventura

Aalmoezenierstraat


Gemeentestraat 8


Lange Klarenstraat 21

I also went to Urban Outfitters because I love so much their clothes and here in Europe the stores are rare (only in the northern part) and in England.

***

With all this shopping you'll become hungry at a certain point (like I did; many times). The city is full of cute places for lunch or for a snack. Unfortunately I can't suggest you any place for dinner since I didn't dine there. I really appreciate the fact that there were a lot of  clearly indicated vegetarian option on the menus of the restaurant that I checked (it's usually the same in Leuven, but one time I couldn't take a soup because all the option -6/7 soups in total- were made with chicken stock; this won't happen to you in Antwerp for sure!). Anyway, for lunch I went here:



Lombardenvest 78

I basically chose this place because it was colorful and it has the same name of the italian region where I study, so I was curious to discover why (= the name of the street is Lombardenvest and it has really something related to the italian region). I had one of the best pumpkin soup ever, but it went with only a slice of bread (I need more carbs to tackle an afternoon of shopping!).

Earlier I stopped for a coffee and to plan my day here:



It's a kind of all natural high quality fast-food restaurant chain and it was full of yummy sandwiches and cakes. I got a good coffee (yes! It wasn't dirty water as usual, a carrot chocolate and some dark chocolate that I'm finishing as I type this, yum)

Another place really worth to mention for baked goods is this:

Desiree de Lille

Schrijnwerkersstraat 14-18

***

To finishing up this afternoon guide to Antwerp, here are two more reasons to visit it:


It's super girlie


Even walls are worth to notice

Enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. [...] soon.. the second (and funniest) part with all the nice vintage shops, my purchases and cute places to eat (and more random [...]

    ReplyDelete