Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Lentil Dal and Confessions (part II)

Lentil Dal


Since in my college city the lack of indian restaurants (or of any ethnic restaurants, for that matter) is embarrassing and I was craving so bad some spicy indian food, I made a uber-easy lentil dal which made my night (that and an absolutely not scary horror film, and usually even CSI scares me, to be clear!).


Ingredients (for one)

230 gr Lentils

1 small Shallot, sliced

1 small Garlic clove, minced

extra-virgin Olive Oil

1/4 tsp of Ginger

1/4 tsp Turmeric

1/4 tsp Garam Masala

Salt to taste

Directions

1. In a small pot, sauté the shallot in some olive oil for 3 minutes until lightly brown. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.

2. Add the lentils and some water (it should just cover the lentils). Add the spices and the salt. Mix well.

3. Let it cook until the water is completely absorbed, being careful not to let the lentils excessively attack to the pot.

4. Meanwhile, boil some brown rice (60-70 gr) in a pot of salted boiling water for 18 minutes or until al dente.

5. Serve and enjoy!


***

It's that day of the week! 


More food (and not only) confessions are coming!

So here they are (missed the first week?), ready to confess your secret behavior or strange food habits (just in the hope to discover you are not the only one =)

My turn:

1. I could eat pizza every day. Seriously. Every day. Actually, before my boyfriend came to live with me (he can cook sooo well), I ate pizza almost 4 times a week. 

2. About that pizza, with ice-cream, they are also my fav foods. I'm aware I have the tastes of a 5-year-old.

3. I hate swimming since I hate put my head under the water. And I'm also terribly afraid of sharks (I know, random).

4. I love when I can walk all day long and consider it my workout for the day.

5. I ate PB straight from the jar. And granola too. And I search for humongous cluster as first thing.

6. I study statistic and econometrics and mathematics but most of the times I count with my finger.

That's it. Your turn! 

(Please join me with the number 5!)

No comments:

Post a Comment