Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Whole wheat Apple Cake

Studying or baking? That is the problem!


Monday evening I clearly chose the second option and baked a cinnamon-smelling Apple Cake (I absolutely love when my home smells like cakes and cookies, that's not so difficult since my home is very tiny =)


I also believe that baking is the perfect complement of a movie that you're not so interested in (I was watching The Queen that night)


Whole Wheat Apple Cake

Ingredients

2 big Apples, sliced

2 tbsp Raisin

175 gr whole wheat flour

125 ml Soy Milk

100 gr Brown Sugar

1 Egg

1 tbsp Pine Nuts

1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice

16 gr Baking Powder

Cinnamon to taste 

Directions

1. Soak the raisin in warm water to soften it.

2. In a large bowl, beat the egg and the sugar and then add the milk. Gradually add the flour and when well mixed add the pine nuts, the lemon juice, cinnamon and the drained raisin.

3. Mix the baking powder to the batter and, as last thing, add the apples.

4. Pour the batter in a baking tin (24-26 cm), lightly oiled and floured. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 grades for 35 minutes.

Serve and enjoy! It's amazing the day after as breakfast with warm milk.

This recipe could be easily made vegan, just replace the egg with an egg replacer (no pun intended!), as 1 tbsp of grounded flax seeds with warm water.

2 comments:

  1. I just made Apple Crisp and white chocolate ice cream today :)
    Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks fantastic! I wonder if I could omit the brown sugar altogether... or maybe replace it with unsweetened apple sauce? Very well worth trying, I think.

    ReplyDelete