Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry-Orange Muffin

What better way to celebrate Spring (and to use some need-to-be-eaten-soon Strawberries)?


Ingredients

  • 1 1/4  cups halved strawberries

  • 3  tablespoons margarine, melted

  • 2  teaspoons grated orange rind

  • 2  large eggs

  • 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour

  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • Cooking spray

  • 2  teaspoons sugar

Directions


1. Preheat oven to 400°.


2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender, and process just until blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt. 


3. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pan immediately.
Enjoy!


(recipe founded googling Strawberry Muffin)
***
Lately, my friends are loving me more and more since most of my bakery creations go directly into their tummies. Living alone, it's not safe for me stay at home with the company of twelve freshly baked muffins, ah ah!

5 comments:

  1. Those seriously look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwww awesomeness!! :D And your new blog is just preccciouuuusss!congrats hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy yummy :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I noticed you subscribed to my blog... I hope you are enjoying it! I love all the different recipes you try out on your blog! I am new to the kitchen so I will have to take a stab at some of your simpler ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange you've added. I recently found whole wheat pastry flour and love it. Baked goods turn out really well. Terrific muffins!

    ReplyDelete