The recipe is adapted from Oh she glows, I omitted the nuts since I'm allergic (damn!) and made some other adjustments since I were out of some ingredients and I was too lazy to walk all the way to the grocery store =)
(Vegan!) Chocolate-chip Cookies
1/2 cup Margarine, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
1/2 tbsp grounded Flax + 3 tbsp warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract (I did not have it)
1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl whisk together grounded flax with water and set aside for several minutes.
2. In a large bowl, beat the Margarine for about 60 seconds until smooth. Now add in the brown sugar (making sure there are no clumps). Beat for 4 minutes.
3. Place vanilla extract into the egg replacer mixture and stir well (I obviously did not do this!). Now add this mixture to the Margarine and Sugar mixture and beat for another 3-4 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula every minute or so.
4. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Now gradually add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Add in your chocolate chips beat for a few more seconds until combined.
5. Now place the dough into a ball and cover in plastic wrap, making sure to cover all sides. Refrigerate dough overnight or for 8-12 hours. Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature for about 60 minutes.
6. Roll into balls about 1.5 tbsp large and slightly flatten each ball with your hand. The more you flatten it, the bigger the cookie will spread. Place the cookies about 1.5-2 inches apart on the sheet. Allow cookies to come to warm room temperature for an additional 5-10 minutes.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F until slightly golden around the edges with a pale centre. Let sit on the sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. The cookies will firm up quite a bit so not to worry if they are initially soft. (I would totally freak out if I wouldn't have read this part, since my cookies were soooo soft!)
8. Personal note: eat three Cookies for breakfast
What is your favorite flavor of Cookies?